Friday, February 16, 2018

Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack, pt. 1


So, I thought that because Grey’s Anatomy is essentially double the length of a normal show’s length, that I would dedicate two posts to the show. Just to remind you once again, Shonda Rhimes ties all these posts together because she has basically created every show that airs on ABC...no not really but she might as well because they're so good!!! As you can tell by its title, Grey’s Anatomy focuses on a group of surgical doctors(ridiculously good looking doctors)in Seattle, but particularly on the life of Meredith Grey.
Since its beginning in 2005, Grey’s Anatomy has been a great place to debut new artists that play great music. But, as I’ve mentioned we don’t have much time to discuss all of them so I'll focus on one of the groups that have made the show so emotional for all who watch – and for those of you who watch you know why I use the word EMOTIONAL.
 
Sleeping at Last has been featured on Grey’s Anatomy for years and had even been asked at one point to create an album specifically for the show. Needless to say that Grey’s Anatomy and Sleeping at Last are inseparable. Sleeping at Last’s combination of music and lyrics in their music is from another world. I can honestly say that they are in my top five favorite artists and I have Grey’s Anatomy to thank for that.

For this particular show, I can’t really post a clip without giving anything away… so instead, I’ll share my favorite song by Sleeping at Last, “Saturn”. Listen below!



No comments:

Post a Comment